“We take time to listen to our patients and treat them with the attention they deserve”
As co-owner of SYMETRICS, Danielle brings much experience to the clinic. Danielle is a graduate from the University of Ottawa with a Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy. She has previous work experience at the North Bay General Hospital and was a physiotherapist with Physiotherapy North (now SYMETRICS) from 1996 to date.
- Proud co-owner of SYMETRICS
- Graduated from the University of Ottawa in 1992 with a BSC. PT
- Worked at the NB General Hospital 1992-1996
- Joined the team at Physiotherapy North and continued on with SYMETRICS 1996
- Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy since 2000
- Member of the Orthopedic and the NeuroScience Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Member of the Vestibular Disorders Association.
- Danielle completed an intense, evidence-based, 6-day competency course in Vestibular Rehabilitation in Atlanta GA. 2015
- Continues to mentor physiotherapy students and physiotherapists.
“We treat the body as a whole. We treat more than just the symptoms, we get to the root of the problem of cause.”
John Davis is a co-founder and co-owner of SYMETRICS. He is proud of the success SYMETRICS has achieved over the past 25 years and of the respected reputation within the community and the medical field.
John received his B.A. (Hons) in Physical Education from the University of Western Ontario in 1986 with an interest in athletic injuries. He then attended the University of Toronto where he received his B.Sc. in Physiotherapy, graduating in 1989. For one and a half years John worked with the Waterloo Sports Medicine Clinic and gained invaluable experience with the athletic injuries field. In 1990, John came to North Bay to open a private physiotherapy clinic where he co-founded Physiotherapy North, now known as SYMETRICS.
Over the past 27 years John has continued to advance his knowledge and skills in the physiotherapy field with many post-graduate courses. These include Manual Therapy and Muscle Energy Techniques. John also received training and is a certified Gunn IMS(dry needling) practitioner for the treatment of neuropathic pain. His is also an avid golfer and has completed his Level IV in the “FitforeGolf” seminars. These course not only address golf related injuries but looks the mechanics of the golf swing and exercises to improve your game.
John is also a certified practitioner through complete Concussion Management INC. This program is designed to provide the same level of care professional athletes would receive. Through base line testing, the most current research in rehabilitation and strict return to play/work protocols any patient sustaining a concussion will receive comprehensive therapy. After sustaining a couple of concussions as an amateur athlete, he can fully appreciate the importance of proper concussion management to ensure a full recovery before returning to play.
- Graduated from The University of Western Ontario with an Honours Bachelor of Arts in Kinesiology, and a Masters of Science in Physical Therapy
- Successfully completed Level 3 in Manual and Manipulative Therapy
- Certified in the application of Functional Dry Needling
- Published an article in the Journal of Pediatric Physical Therapy, “Medical and Surgical Procedures Experienced by Children with Cerebral Palsy” (2012)
- Ashley is a certified practitioner through complete Concussion Management INC. This program is designed to provide the same level of care professional athletes would receive. Through base line testing, the most current research in rehabilitation and strict return to play/work protocols any patient sustaining a concussion will receive comprehensive therapy.
- Master of Science in Physiotherapy
- U of Alberta, 2011
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology
- U of Western Ontario, 2008
- Successful completion of the Intermediate Manual Therapy exam, Orthopedic Division of the CPA, 2015
- Completion of Level 4 Manual Therapy
- Cheryl has completed the Advanced Manual Therapy Certification. A member of FCAMPT. Acupuncture Therapy, Acupuncture Canada, 2012
David has a Bachelor of Kinesiology, Brock University, and Doctorate of Chiropractic from D’Youville College. He comes to SYMETRICS with previous experience in a multidisciplinary clinic in Burlington, Ontario. His focus is a full body approach to health care making sure all the joints, muscles and nerves of the body are functioning optimally for both pain and function
Deborah is an alumni of the Canadian College of Massage & Hydrotherapy, with over 17 years experience.
She holds certifications in: Pregnancy Massage, Labour Support, Interferential Current Therapy, Therapeutic Ultrasound, Hot Stone Massage. She is also a Certified Reiki Practitioner, Infant Massage instructor, and Pilates instructor. Deborah has written and taught workshops in meditation, Infant Massage, Couples Massage, and Natural Pain Relief Techniques. She has experience working with pre-surgical conditioning, post-surgical re-habilitation, high-risk pregnancy, headaches/migraines, sciatic pain patterns, motor vehicle accident victims, sports teams, professional athletes, and patients of all ages.
Deborah is dedicated to helping her patients achieve optimal health and well-being through massage therapy and energy healing treatments as well as education in clean eating, remedial exercise, and self-care techniques. Deborah looks forward to the opportunity to work with you, healing mind, body and spirit.
Lori has been a part of the SYMETRICS team since 1997 celebrating 20 years!!
She is in our gym facility to teach, monitor and progress patients with their exercise programs.
Carly assists the Physiotherapists with patient care, treatment, and modalities.
Office Support Team
Donna has been a part of the SYMETRICS team since 2008. Donna will greet you with a warm smile, while ensuring all of your appointments and billings are in order.
Jennifer has been a part of the SYMETRICS team since 2000. She is usually found behind the scenes, managing the clinic operations.
M.J. always has a smile and nice welcome to our patients.