“We take time to listen to our patients and treat them with the attention they deserve”
As co-owner of SYMETRICS, Danielle brings much experience to the clinic. Danielle is a graduate from the University of Ottawa with a Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy. She has previous work experience at the North Bay General Hospital and was a physiotherapist with Physiotherapy North (now SYMETRICS) from 1996 to date.
- Proud co-owner of SYMETRICS
- Graduated from the University of Ottawa in 1992 with a BSC. PT
- Worked at the NB General Hospital 1992-1996
- Joined the team at Physiotherapy North and continued on with SYMETRICS 1996
- Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy since 2000
- Member of the Orthopedic and the NeuroScience Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Member of the Vestibular Disorders Association.
- Danielle completed an intense, evidence-based, 6-day competency course in Vestibular Rehabilitation in Atlanta GA. 2015
- Continues to mentor physiotherapy students and physiotherapists.
“We treat the body as a whole. We treat more than just the symptoms, we get to the root of the problem of cause.”
John Davis is a co-founder and co-owner of SYMETRICS. He is proud of the success SYMETRICS has achieved over the past 25 years and of the respected reputation within the community and the medical field.
John received his B.A. (Hons) in Physical Education from the University of Western Ontario in 1986 with an interest in athletic injuries. He then attended the University of Toronto where he received his B.Sc. in Physiotherapy, graduating in 1989. For one and a half years John worked with the Waterloo Sports Medicine Clinic and gained invaluable experience with the athletic injuries field. In 1990, John came to North Bay to open a private physiotherapy clinic where he co-founded Physiotherapy North, now known as SYMETRICS.
Over the past 27 years John has continued to advance his knowledge and skills in the physiotherapy field with many post-graduate courses. These include Manual Therapy and Muscle Energy Techniques. John also received training and is a certified Gunn IMS(dry needling) practitioner for the treatment of neuropathic pain. His is also an avid golfer and has completed his Level IV in the “FitforeGolf” seminars. These course not only address golf related injuries but looks the mechanics of the golf swing and exercises to improve your game.
John is also a certified practitioner through complete Concussion Management INC. This program is designed to provide the same level of care professional athletes would receive. Through base line testing, the most current research in rehabilitation and strict return to play/work protocols any patient sustaining a concussion will receive comprehensive therapy. After sustaining a couple of concussions as an amateur athlete, he can fully appreciate the importance of proper concussion management to ensure a full recovery before returning to play.
- Ashley obtained an Honours Bachelor of Arts degree in Kinesiology. Her passion and desire for healthy living and helping people motivated her to complete a Master of Science degree in Physical Therapy, both degrees from The University of Western Ontario.Ashley continues to further her education and complete post graduate courses in a variety of fields. Most recently she successfully completed Introductory and Advanced Vestibular Rehabilitation training, learning to assess and treat a variety of vestibular conditions. In addition, she has completed several courses in Complete Concussion Management, learning how to provide thorough post-concussion assessments and create a treatment program to address a person’s deficits after an injury.
For the past several years, Ashley has also completed courses in Manual and Manipulative Therapy offered by the Orthopedic Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association. She is also certified in Functional Dry Needling. Her commitment to helping others has encouraged her to complete courses treating females with pregnancy and pelvic girdle pain.
In 2012, Ashley became a published author in the Journal of Pediatric Physical Therapy. Her research paper is entitled ‘Medical and Surgical Procedures Experienced by Children with Cerebral Palsy’ and she was awarded the Jeanne Hughes award for Best Manuscript Published by Individuals Studying in an Educational Program.
Ashley has also taught courses as a part time instructor for Canadore College’s Occupational Therapist and Physiotherapist Assistant program.
Outside of the clinic, Ashley spends time with her husband and young family enjoying the outdoors and all that North Bay has to offer.
- Cheryl Alderdice PT MSc(PT), FCAMT, CIDNCheryl completed her Bachelor of Science with an Honours Specialization in Kinesiology from the University of Western Ontario in 2008 followed by a Masters of Science in Physiotherapy from the University of Alberta in 2011. Upon completion of her physiotherapy studies, Cheryl has taken numerous post-graduate courses in manual therapy, acupuncture, vestibular rehabilitation, and concussion Management. In 2016, Cheryl became a fellow with the Canadian Academy of Manual and Manipulative Physiotherapists of Canada (FCAMPT) which involved completing extensive post-graduate education in hands-on manipulative therapy that has met international standards of care. In addition, Cheryl has completed training in Integrated Dry Needling (CIDN).
Cheryl is committed to helping her clients improve their overall health and well-being. Her practice involves treating the body as a whole and believes that regardless of the client’s condition or issue, there is always some kind of movement for everyone. To achieve this, her approach involves a combination of manual therapy, patient education, exercise prescription, acupuncture, and dry needling.
Outside of direct client care, she is a mentor for physiotherapists pursuing further manual training through the Orthopaedic Division, and a clinical instructor for students working towards a career in Physiotherapy.
Cheryl aims to live a healthy active lifestyle and more passionately loves to get outdoors trail running, mountain biking, back country camping, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing. In addition, she enjoys spending time at family cottages, travelling, and connecting with family and friends. More recently, she has developed a strong interest in practicing Yoga and the immense benefits it plays on mind, body, and spirit. Furthermore, Cheryl and her therapy dog Garnet are often out visiting people in the community of North Bay.
Chris was born and raised in North Bay. After completing his undergraduate degree in Health Sciences at the University of Ottawa, he continued on to Kingston where he graduated from the Masters of Science in Physical Therapy at Queen’s University in 2015. Chris has also completed courses in Manual Therapy (level 3 upper and lower), advanced vestibular rehabilitation, Shift Concussion certification, Soft Tissue Release, and Lyn Watson Shoulder course level 1. He will soon be taking part in a Functional Dry Needling course through Acupuncture Canada.
Chris uses a combination of manual therapy, soft tissue techniques, exercise prescription and education in order to help his clients return to sport, work, recreational or daily activates. As a manual therapist, Chris is qualified to treat musculoskeletal conditions in people of all ages and is very passionate and dedicated when working with his clients to achieve their goals.
Recreationally, he spends his time playing many different sports including hockey, flag football, ultimate Frisbee and golf. He can often be found enjoying the outdoors with his family, friends and dog.
David has a Bachelor of Kinesiology, Brock University, and Doctorate of Chiropractic from D’Youville College. He comes to SYMETRICS with previous experience in a multidisciplinary clinic in Burlington, Ontario. His focus is a full body approach to health care making sure all the joints, muscles and nerves of the body are functioning optimally for both pain and function
Deborah is an alumni of the Canadian College of Massage & Hydrotherapy, with over 17 years experience.
She holds certifications in: Pregnancy Massage, Labour Support, Interferential Current Therapy, Therapeutic Ultrasound, Hot Stone Massage. She is also a Certified Reiki Practitioner, Infant Massage instructor, and Pilates instructor. Deborah has written and taught workshops in meditation, Infant Massage, Couples Massage, and Natural Pain Relief Techniques. She has experience working with pre-surgical conditioning, post-surgical re-habilitation, high-risk pregnancy, headaches/migraines, sciatic pain patterns, motor vehicle accident victims, sports teams, professional athletes, and patients of all ages.
Deborah is dedicated to helping her patients achieve optimal health and well-being through massage therapy and energy healing treatments as well as education in clean eating, remedial exercise, and self-care techniques. Deborah looks forward to the opportunity to work with you, healing mind, body and spirit.
Lori has been a part of the SYMETRICS team since 1997 celebrating 20 years!! She is in our gym facility to teach, monitor and progress patients with their exercise programs.
Carly assists the Physiotherapists with patient care, treatment, and modalities.
Office Support Team
Donna has been a part of the SYMETRICS team since 2008. Donna will greet you with a warm smile, while ensuring all of your appointments and billings are in order.
M.J. always has a smile and nice welcome to our patients.