Athletic Therapy is for EVERYONE!
It’s a common misconception that Athletic Therapists (AT’s) only work with athletes. However, our goal is to help any and all individuals return to their desired activity level as quickly as possible.
Scope of Practice :
“The practice of Athletic Therapy is within the sport medicine model of care and is the assessment (in either the field or clinical setting) of neuromuscular and musculoskeletal disease, dysfunction or disorders; and the treatment, rehabilitation, management, prevention or relief of physical dysfunction, injury or pain to develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment the function and promote mobility.”
Every client is different. AT’s may use any of the following in your sessions to achieve your goals:
- Manual therapy
- Myofascial release
- Active release
- Modalities such as : Therapeutic Ultrasound, Shockwave therapy, etc.
- Exercise prescription ie. Stretching and strengthening exercises
- Bracing and taping techniques
- Re-training of Biomechanics and re-conditioning to avoid further injury
- Mental Health and Well-being support
When should I see an Athletic Therapist?
- If you’re experiencing any type of pain or discomfort that’s affecting your daily life, your work, your sport /activity or your ability to do the things that you like to do.
- If you’re recovering from a fracture or an orthopedic surgery.
- If you’re wanting to improve your sports training and conditioning.
- If your sports team is looking for care for its athletes on and off the field.
- If you’re a business needing an Ergonomic Consult and/or Ergonomic Assessments for your employees.
For more information: